It’s January again and the kings’ cakes are back! Here is a super simple, fast and delicious low-fat recipe that you and those around you will love! The frangipane will include an applesauce substitute instead of butter so it’s okay to eat a little extra. This will add a hint of freshness, creating a lighter variation of the frangipane without masking the taste. Any connoisseur of food will absolutely love this recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
– 2 puff pastes
– 160g of almond powder
– 100g of cane sugar
– 100g apple compote or sauce
– 2 whole eggs
– 1 or 2 figurines
1. Preheat oven to 200°C, thermostat 7.
2. Combine almond powder and cane sugar. Then add the eggs and applesauce or compote.
3. Spread the puff pastry on a baking sheet and place the mixture in the middle but be sure to leave a 2 cm perimeter. Hide the figurines.
4. Lightly moisten the 2 cm perimeter with water and gently place the second puff pastry on top. Press down on the edges to seal them together.
5. Brush with a coat of with an egg wash and draw on it with a knife.
6. After preheating the oven to 200°C
This dish can be served warm or cold! 😉
Thank you Petits Béguins for this wonderful recipe!