In order to remain healthy, it is essential to favour nutrient-rich whole foods. Chia seed is endowed with a great nutritional richness and its composition gives it many virtues.Very rich in fiber, chia seed is a real slimming ally. It is also a key ingredient in the fight against constipation. In addition, chia seed is the best vegetable source of omega-3. These fatty acids help prevent many diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Omega-3s are also necessary for the brain to function properly. Eating chia seeds is smart!
The recipe for Chia Seed Porridge can be adapted to suit your tastes and desires. There is no single recipe.
Only three food groups are essential:
– Vegetable milk: soy milk, almond milk or coconut milk
– Fresh fruit: strawberries, kiwi, apricots, raspberries, bananas, apples…
– Nuts: almonds, pistachio nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, cashew nuts…
– In addition you can put : vanilla extract, cocoa, matcha, maple syrup
1. Mix the chia seeds, vegetable milk and a few drops of vanilla extract. Add 2 tablespoons of chia seeds for 250 mL of vegetable milk.
2. Pour this mixture into a bowl and let stand overnight (minimum 4 hours). Chia seeds will absorb the liquid and swell. The consistency of the mixture should look like sticky milk rice.
3.Just before tasting, add a few pieces of fresh fruit, a little homemade fruit sauce and some nuts.
Bon appétit 🙂