For Spring, try out this delicious recipe of Panzanella (Tuscan tomato and bread salad) with Mediterranean flavors.
FOCUS ON OLIVE OIL :
Olive oil has many benefits. Made up of monounsaturated fatty acids and predominantly oleic acid, olive oil intervenes in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases by promoting the reduction of bad blood cholesterol. Moreover, it improves digestion, and because of its antioxidant composition, it strengthens the immune system, reduces the risk of cancer and premature aging of the skin.
– 4 very ripe tomatoes,
– 1 or 2 cooked beets,
– 2 or 3 thick slices of stale bread,
– 1 tablespoon of capers,
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil,
– 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar,
PREPARATION STEPS :
1. Cut the tomatoes into small quarters, peel the beets and cut into cubes.
2. Thinly dice the dill and cut the bread into cubes.
3. Place the bread at the bottom of the bowl, then the tomatoes, beets, capers and dill.
4. Season with olive oil, wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Let the salad stand cool for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Tip : You can modify the salad by replacing dill with basil, beetroot with cucumber … Feel free to add sardines or tuna fillets.
Source : http://www.lagrandeepicerie.com/